Signs of Scams:
Here are a few red flags provided by the Federal Trade Commission to help you spot telemarketing scams.
- You've been specially selected for this offer
- You have to make up your mind right away
- You've won big money in a foreign lottery
- You'll get a free bonus if you buy our product
- The investment is low risk and provides a higher return than you can get anywhere else
Text Phishing Scam
The credit union has been made aware that members are receiving text messages telling the receiver that there's a problem with their account and asking for personal information to be sent in order to resolve the issue. Financial institutions will NOT text, call, or email members looking for this information. Do NOT reply to these text messages.
Example: SCAM ALERT! There have been numerous reports in the state of people receiving text messages telling them that their debt card number has been compromised and to call 844-334-6152. When they call the number, it asks them for their card number and CVV code. THIS IS A SCAM! Do NOT give out any of your information. Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns.