Take Action to Protect Yourself:
- As a precaution, put all your phone numbers on the do not call list. Call 1-888-382-1222 or visit www.donotcall.gov. Don’t expect all calls to stop from scammers.
- Do not accept calls from any person you do not know. Use Caller ID and don’t accept calls from a number that you don’t recognize.
- Never give out personal information to strangers in response to texts, emails, or calls regardless of who they claim to be or where they claim to be calling from.
- Never wire money to strangers under any circumstances regardless of who they claim to be or how urgent the situation.
- Review your financial account statements at least monthly. Contact your credit union for any unauthorized charges or other issues.
Office of Aging and Disability Services – Adult Protective Services
Provides services to protect incapacitated and/or dependent adults.
Legal Services for the Elderly
Provides free, high-quality legal services to Maine’s socially and economically needy elderly age 60 and over.
Local Area Agency on Aging
Provides answers on aging and access to resources that help older and disabled adults live well in their homes and communities.
If you have any questions call us at 207-375-6538